Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Field Trip Wednesday

The boys and I took another adventure today.  When we were up in Lexington a couple of weeks ago and driving around we saw a spray park downtown.  It not like the spray parks in Texas, it was more like a water fountain that kids were playing in.  I told Troy that I would have to bring the boys back to that, they would have so much fun.  So today we set up to find it. 

I looked up the address to what I thought it was called, Triangle Park.  But when we got to Triangle Park, it was not what I thought we were going to.  That in turn lead to me driving in circles on the one way streets of Lexington for about an hour first finding the spray park, then trying to find parking. 

When we get the water the boys go running full speed ahead straight into the water. As soon as they hit it, they scream.  Tyson and Drew then turned around with the most horrid look on their faces that was frozen in shock.  The water was COLD!!!  They were expecting it to be hot like the spray parks in the Texas.  They came running straight back to me and would not go back into the water.  They just sat on the sidewalk trying to get warm and telling me that they like to play in the hot water, no the cold water.  I think this is going to be a big change for them.
Miles the whole time that we are trying to find the park, is complaining that he doesn't want to do this today.  He wanted to go do something else.  But he ended up being the only one to play in the water.  And was disappointed when I told it was time to go because my meter was going to run out of time. 

No comments: