We had a little neighbor come over to play today. The boys were taking her upstairs to play and I was following them up to put away laundry. So I am in my room and this is the conversation that I over heard.
Miles: Payton did you know that I am a very famous baseball player in Texas?
Payton: No
Miles: Yeah! Come see all my trophies and pictures.
I am laughing.....but enjoying listening to the story.
Miles then proceeds to this story: We were the best baseball team ever. We won every game, no one could beat us. (Tyson then pipes in: except for the darkest day) Yeah, except for the darkest day in baseball. We were playing our last game and we lost. It was the darkest day ever in baseball. But it was OK because we still got our trophy.
I honestly sat down on my bed and laughed. The boys didn't play baseball last year, so this was two years that they were talking about, and I have never heard them mention anything about the last game. Anyway I went down and Troy and he was laughing too. I wonder which movie the boys learned about "the darkest day"?
Monday, July 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment